COVID-19 Update, 14-March-2020

Charity, Cycling and Craic!

COVID-19 Update, 14-March-2020

March 14, 2020 Uncategorized 0

In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, it is with deep regret that the organising committee of the Galway Cycle must announce the postponement until further notice of the 2020 Galway Cycle, and all supporting events (fundraisers, training, etc.) previously announced by the committee.

This decision has not been taken lightly, but with the current measures being employed to stem the spread of COVID-19, and with the interests of both our members and the health of the general public in mind, the committee (in conjunction with our charity partners in Rosabel’s Rooms and the Irish Hospice Foundation) see this as the only responsible course of action.  Given the fluid nature of the situation, and the fact that Ireland is still in the early days of trying to combat the disease, it is not possible at this time to publish a revised date for the Galway Cycle weekend.

All registrations for the event will remain valid and be carried over to the rescheduled event.  The committee will contact all registered participants directly with this update, and any further updates as and when they become available.

The organising committee will continue to monitor this evolving situation, and to act in line with the expert advice and infection prevention controls published by government agencies, as well as complying with any measures that may be introduced by Cycling Ireland.  A further update will be published in early April 2020 as the progress of this crisis within Ireland becomes clearer.

Notes for registered participants:

  • Your registration will remain valid for the rescheduled event when the revised date is announced.
  • You will be contacted directly by means of the contact details provided at registration as and when updates become available.
  • We are aware that at this stage of the calendar, many of you will have fundraising already underway.  If you are in possession of money from such initiatives, please ensure that this is safely lodged to a bank ASAP for security reasons.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this postponement, please do not hesitate to contact

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *